Pages

Just enough or too much?


You might have noticed I wasn't around lately (again).
That's because I was trying to have a life.
I just can't seem to get the hold of this: I either work or play. If I do make it and have both, it's usually for about 3 days.
How do other people do it... because I swear I can't?!?!
I have a job, illustration (which includes both this blog and increasing number of illustrating jobs) and social life. Usually what I cut first when am short on time is social life. But then I don't have a life to write about on my blog (and I swear I CAN NOT, for the life of me, write how I have no life to speak of AGAIN). So I went and got myself some life.... but when I do this I don't do as much work as I'd like to (or need to, for that matter!). There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. Again, how do other people do it? I know I could be a bit more organized, but I swear I don't procrastinate.... much. I mean you know, I am not Miss Efficiency or nothing like that, but I do do as much as I can fit in the day.
Plus, oh yeah I forgot to mention that, I started running like a month or so ago ( actually back in May, but on and off) so that takes at least an hour ( I mean to get there, do it come back have a shower.... running itself takes about 20 minutes at this point).

So my question is this: how do people do this? How do they have a life, work, play, workout? And I don't mean just going through the motions, I mean like a fulfilling dedicated life... or am I expecting too much?